Thursday, June 23, 2011

Art-Lil*-girlsy


Ahh, Fashionistas in training. You know, hanging out with a bunch of little girls can be hella fun. Especially when it's supposed "work"... I love working with children, just being around them uplifts my spirits and allows me to be free. I of course also love art and I love fashion. And when I have the chance to combine all of these loves o' mine, I relish in the opportunity and squeeze all the fun I can out of it! I was working a little 8 year old girl's birthday party, a very special student of mine, who is very fashion forward! Her mother is just the best and reminds me of my own in a way, in the way that they are both their daughter's biggest fan! Even her father got in on the action and later came out in drag as "Madame Fabulosa" to help the girls get ready for their fashion show!




This is where it gets really cool. We threw out on the lawn, a bunch of random things, odds and ends like different sized plastic bags, fabric scraps, tape, and out of those and anything else they could find, the girls pieced themselves together an outfit...recycling and upcycling a fashion show runway dress, skirt, complete ensemble.


These little booties the girls made all by themselves out of plastic bags and duct tape. My fave!

Ready to walk down the driveway girls, ahem, er, I mean, RUNWAY?!!!! Now, be fierce!


Here are the girls modeling the duct tape belts we made, (before the fashion show, getting ready for it!) inspired by an old duct tape dress form I made by wrapping my body in saran wrap and then literally, taping myself up! I did a similar thing with them, for fun...wrapped just their waists in saran wrap, a few layers of duct tape over that, then we cut it off carefully. They taped loops on both ends of the belt and added fabric to tie, and duct tape bows for more flair! How cute are they?




No comments:

My photo
A creator on many different artistic paths, this site serves as a fusion of all my art-lusions.
Custom Search

Followers